More than twenty-five years in business imprinting text on sheets with printed artwork such as etchings, lithos, silkscreen & gravure
- Specializing in fine letterpress & relief printing.
- Automatic or hand-feeding of sheet sizes to 26 x 38 inches.
- Ability to handle unusual & challenging papers.
- Runs from one sheet to 20,000 plus
- Linotype and hand composition.
- Monotype composition available.
- Photopolymer plates made from your files or film supplied.
- Creasing and precision cutting.
- Numbering, imprinting, and perforating.
Among those in the know, Dan Keleher is widely regarded as the best contemporary fine letterpress printer. Known for the quality of his work & his careful attention to detail, in the last 25 years Dan has worked with many noted book artists & publishers, including Leonard Baskin, Enid Mark, & the Limited Editions Club. Examples of his printing are found in the Library of Congress as well as many college, university, and private collections. He has also done a wide range commercial printing: labels, notebook covers, etc. & custom printing for individuals: letterhead, business cards, invitations. No job is too large or too small. Dan will print runs of any length from one copy to x-thousand on nearly any type of paper. An avid biker, Dan’s shop is conveniently located at the intersection of the rail trail & East Street in Hadley, Mass.
In letterpress, working directly from type cast in metal or from relief plates, the impression you are holding in your hand is actually in the paper, not on it; the type is pressed directly into the paper. This creates an image retaining all the finer details of the type design. The process also makes for the best possible contrast between paper and type, an image that is more stimulating to the subliminal thinking process associated with visual perception.